Wednesday, March 13, 2013

RUGGED MANIAC

So... one night, several weeks ago, AngryPilotWife had a few glasses of wine and decided it was time to get back in shape.  As motivation to do so, I announced, on the APW Facebook page, that I would be participating in the "Rugged Maniac" 5K run in Ashboro, NC at the end of April.  It is 3.1 miles of Navy Seal inspired obstacles... sheer walls, flooded tubes, mud fields, and perhaps a small wall of fire to jump over.  Heck, if I could survive 22 years with my PilotHusband, surely I could crawl through a little mud.  And I invited other PilotWives to join me.

HOLY SHAMOLEY!!!  My girls came through for me!  To date, we have United, Delta, SWA, USAirways,  Republic, and AmericanEagle Wives ready to run.  Some of us are very fit.   Others, like me,  think jogging is a pain because you can't help but spill your glass of wine as you run.  No matter.  We will get through this together.  As much as I'd like to kick some ass, this is really about PilotWife bonding, getting dirty, having fun, and cleaning up afterwards for a girl's night out in BFE North Carolina.

So, LAST CALL!!!  You don't have to be fit, you don't have to be fast.  You just have to be willing!  If you can't complete an obstacle, you can walk around it.  The important thing, is doing this crazy mud/water/fire thing TOGETHER.  Oh, by the way, there's free beer at the end!  And I will be providing the, first ever, AngryPilotWife T-shirts for all of the participants.

Please e-mail me at MBRenfest@gmail.com if you are interested in participating.  You can view the course for the Ashboro NC race at RuggedManiac.com.  Come on, Girls..... Let's do this!!!

2 comments:

  1. Dear angry pilot wife, I miss your blog entries so much! Please don't stop- you're the only one keeping me sane (how's that for some pressure?). He's making me a crazy woman! I need you, sister! You're the only one who gets it!! Hope all is well - Shariz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, ladies! I'm here in Asheboro at the race. It looks cold, but fun. I'm in the stands, so if you want to meet up, send me a text at 336-608-7412.

    ReplyDelete